2012 was an absolutely amazing year! It was my first full year of blogging – despite my large hiatus due to finishing up my Masters degree. Highlights of the year include:
- I went to BEA for the first time. I had no idea that it would be so incredible. (See my recaps here, here, and here)
- Two guest contributors posted reviews (Sara and Lindsay)
- After two and a half years, I finally finished my Masters degree in Library and Information Science!
- In July, I got promoted at work (yay!). The combination of this one and the last one really hampered my reading and blogging for the last few months of the year which is one reason I didn’t meet my reading goal for the year.
- I met some really amazing folks in the book blogging community including Amanda, Lauren, Smash, and Kelly. There are tons others – especially on the Twitter, but it would take me ages to list them all. Hopefully this year I’ll get to meet many others and continue to build community.
2012 in Summary
171 books read
61,999 pages read
Goals for 2013
200 books read
75,000 pages read
**Better, More Continuous Blogging**
*Note: These are from the books I read in 2012, not necessarily books released in 2012. They are also in no particular order. This is also the hardest list ever to generate. Do you know how many amazing books I read last year??
- Ashfall/Ashen Winter – Mike Mullin
- Insurgent – Veronica Roth
- Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn
- Before I Wake – Rachel Vincent
- Amped – Daniel Wilson
- Let’s Pretend This Never Happened – Jenny Lawson
- Feed/Deadline/Blackout – Mira Grant
- Across the Universe/A Million Suns – Beth Revis
- The Book of Blood and Shadow – Robin Wasserman
- The Iron Druid Chronicles – Kevin Hearne (yes I can too list an entire series as one entry)